Have you been injured in an accident that was not your fault? Are you struggling to cope with the aftermath of the accident? If so, you may be thinking about making a personal injury claim. Accidents can happen anywhere; when they do, the victim is often left with costly medical bills. Making a personal injury claim can be daunting, but receiving a payout that helps cover your costs is worth it.
Suppose you have been injured in an accident. In that case, you need to speak to a personal injury attorney in Portland as soon as possible. An injury lawyer Portland will be able to help you receive the compensation you deserve for your personal injury. In this article, we will discuss some of the most prevalent personal injury cases in Portland and the types of compensation you can receive from a personal injury claim.
What Are The Most Prevalent Personal Injury Cases In Portland?
Many different types of accidents cause personal injury. The most common ones in Portland include:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents are the most common type of personal injury cases in Portland. Often, these cases involve negligent or distracted driving. A car accident lawyer, Portland will ensure that the responsible party is accountable for their actions.
- Truck Accidents: Truck accidents are typically more severe than car accidents due to the size and weight of the vehicles involved. If you have been injured in a truck accident, file a personal injury claim as soon as possible.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle accidents can be devastating. A Portland motorcycle accident lawyer understands the unique challenges that motorcycle riders face on the road and will fight for your rights if you have been injured in an accident.
- Bicycle Accidents: With more people riding bicycles for exercise and transportation, there is an increase in bicycle accidents. If you have been hit by a car while riding your bike, you can receive compensation for your injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrian accidents often occur when drivers are not paying attention. You have the right to file a personal injury claim if you have been hit by a car while walking.
- Slip And Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents can occur anywhere, from a grocery store to a friend’s house. You are entitled to compensation if you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence.
- Animal Bites: Animal bites can be severe and often result in scarring or disfigurement. You can file a personal injury claim if you have been injured by someone else’s pet.
- Wrongful Death: Losing a loved one is never easy, but it is challenging when their death could have been prevented. Suppose you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another party, a personal injury lawyer. In that case, Portland can help you receive the compensation you deserve.
What Types Of Compensation You Can Receive From A Personal Injury Claim?
The compensation you can receive from a personal injury claim depends on the severity of your injuries. You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical Bills: If you have been injured, you may be entitled to compensation for your past and future medical bills.
- Lost Wages: This type of compensation is intended to cover the wages you have lost due to your injuries.
- Pain And Suffering: This type of compensation is intended to cover the physical and emotional pain and suffering you have experienced due to your injuries.
- Damages To Property: This type of compensation is intended to cover any damage that has been done to your personal property as a result of the accident.
Contact A Personal Injury Lawyer Today!
Suppose you have been injured in an accident. In that case, it is essential to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible in Portland, Oregon. At Senft Legal, we will help you understand your rights and options and fight for the maximum possible compensation in your case. Contact us today at 561-376-8073.