We would like to take the time to talk to you about personal injury accidents. As you may know, these accidents can prove to be devastating events in our lives. These are accidents that result in injuries that leave life-long emotional and physical damages to you and your loved ones.
The truth of the matter is that after your accident you will need to pursue by all legal means necessary the attainment of rightful compensation for your damages. This is because personal injury accidents are generally caused by someone else’s failure to be responsible. Whether it be an automobile accident or premises liability, you deserve to be compensated for another party’s acts of negligence.
For these reasons, if you reside within Oregon and more importantly the Portland area, we urge you to join us throughout this detailed account. Throughout this article, we will provide you with the knowledge on what to do after sustaining any of these accidents, their legalities, and how a Portland personal injury lawyer can help you deal with them.
These are perhaps one of the most common types of accidents in the modern era. Everybody around the world moves around with some form of automobile transportation, and in Portland, this is no exception. This is because transportation allows us to make ends meet. However, it is that same premise that causes the road to be a dangerous place because of the number of automobiles that transit.
As mentioned before, car, motorcycle, and trucking accidents occur because of a slight distraction, reckless driving, or substance abuse when behind the wheel. What is even more unfair, is that oftentimes those who cause the accident do not suffer injuries or long-lasting damages.
However, while the culprit basks in good health, the victim is left with emotional and physical trauma. Pretty unfair right? That’s because it is, and for that reason, you have the right to seek legal representation in terms of protection of your civil rights.
What to do right after the automobile accident
As a victim, it is important for you to take the necessary steps, starting at the accident scene. The better prepared you are, the stronger the argument for your compensation will be. The following points detail what must be done in the moments right after the accident:
- Immediately call the police and first responders and inform them of the events.
- Exchange relevant information with the at-fault party. However, in these unprecedented times, be careful and have your mask on if possible to minimize any possible transmission of the ongoing virus. Nonetheless, it is important to get as much information from the party such as their names, car model, phone number, driver’s license, and insurance policy.
- If you’re able to try to gather any possible witness statements that can corroborate the facts.
- If possible, take pictures of the damages. This means your own physical injuries as well as any visible car damage. Doing this will help your case later down the road.
Hire a lawyer for your automobile accident
Now that we have reviewed details of the legalities and helpful tips at the accident scene, let’s break down the facts on why you need to hire an attorney.
- Your attorney will handle the insurance companies for you – There is truly nothing more complicated than dealing with the insurance adjusters after suffering an automobile accident. The complexity arises in that the prime goal of any insurance company is to make a profit, or save as much money as possible.
For that reason, they will try various tactics to invalidate or undermine your automobile claim. Your lawyer will do the talking for you instead. They will counteract those redundant talking points and instead effectively negotiate with the adjusters. Have in mind that when this happens, your attorney will negotiate and will promote all of your best interests.
- Your attorney will conduct a thorough investigation of the facts – A competent lawyer will gather more evidence, witness accounts, attain testimonials, and will ultimately question the person at fault.
- Your lawyer will assess your damages and add value to your claim – A personal injury attorney is the only one capable of adding value to your injuries. As they build up the case, your injuries will amount to your compensation.
Premises liability accidents
Premises claims are usually not the most common of personal injury claims. However, these accidents do occur often and that is why it is important that a victim receive their rightful compensation.
Premises liability accidents tend to be the result of defective or hazardous conditions that the victim is not aware of right before they suffer any type of physical trauma. Common places where these incidents can happen include the following:
- Grocery stores,
- Gas stations,
- Swimming pools,
- Neighboring property.
What to do after suffering a premises liability accident
Immediately after suffering the accident, and if you’re able to, try your best to do the following:
- Write down the facts: try to jot down every detail regarding the aftermath of your accident. In other words, see if you can record what specific within the premise led to your accident. Also, it is important to gather eyewitness accounts and take pictures of the hazardous conditions that triggered your trauma.
- Keep track of your expenses: If your accident resulted in a need for medical attention and long-term recuperation, make sure you have receipts of your medical bills. All out-of-pocket expenses that were caused because of someone else’s negligence will go into the amount of your compensation. Also, medical records will play a big part in proving the magnitude of your injuries.
- Obtain the contact information of those responsible for the property where the accident occurs: It is crucial to know the name and identification of those who failed to uphold a standard of safety within the premises.
Legal counsel for a premises liability incident
Like other personal injury accidents, the only way to ensure that your rights be protected is to seek legal representation. Let’s go ahead and review some of the advantages of doing so:
- The most important end goal is to hold the property owner accountable for his or her negligence. To accomplish this, your attorney will conduct a thorough investigation, analyze your specific case and what led to your physical trauma.
- After doing this, your lawyer will proceed to negotiate with the property’s insurance companies. This will be perhaps one of the most crucial segments of your case because of the company’s desire to accuse you for causing your own demise. You won’t have to worry about that because your trusted attorney will have the necessary experience. They will be able to counteract their accusations and get you the settlement you deserve.
- Lastly, your lawyer will compile all of the evidence after the culmination of their investigation of the facts. With that information, your argument will be strong enough to assure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
We know, that was a lot of information to process. Especially because personal injury claims have all sorts of legal complexities. The most important takeaway is to understand that the only way to protect your rights, and attain the necessary reparations is by hiring an attorney.
For that reason, we are pleased to present you with the services of Senft Legal in the Portland area. At our firm, we genuinely empathize with your specific situation and will tirelessly work to ensure that your rights are protected.
We vow to utilize all of the possible legal tools that are available so that you can finally receive what you are entitled to. Senft Legal is undoubtedly the most qualified Portland personal injury accident law firm because of our track record and exemplary service. Call us now!