We would like to take the time to talk to you about personal injury accidents. As you may know, these incidents turn out to be devastating events in our lives. These events can result in injuries that leave life-long emotional and physical damages to you and your loved ones.
If you relate to any of these you will need to pursue by all legal means necessary the attainment of rightful compensation for your damages. This is because personal injury accidents are generally caused by someone else’s failure to be responsible. Whether it be an automobile accident or premises liability, you deserve to be compensated for another party’s acts of negligence.
For these reasons, if you reside within Oregon and more importantly the Portland area, we urge you to join us throughout this detailed account. Throughout this article, we will provide you with the knowledge on what to do after sustaining any of these accidents, their legalities, and how a Portland personal injury lawyer can help you deal with them.
What Are The Legal Standards For Personal Injury Accidents in Oregon?
Known as one of the most common types of accidents in the modern era. Everybody around the world moves around with some form of automobile transportation, and in Portland, this is no exception. However, it is that same premise that causes the road to be a dangerous place because of the number of automobiles that transit.
What is even more unfair, is that oftentimes those who cause the accident do not suffer injuries or long-lasting damages.
However, while the culprit basks in good health, the victim is left with emotional and physical trauma. Pretty unfair right? That’s because it is, and for that reason, you have the right to seek legal representation in terms of protection of your civil rights.
What Should You Do Right After an Automobile Accident in Portland?
As a victim, it is important for you to take the necessary steps, starting at the accident scene. The better prepared you are, the stronger the argument for your compensation will be. The following points detail what must be done in the moments right after the accident:
- Call the police and first responders and inform them of the events.
- Exchange relevant information with the at-fault party.
- Attain as much information from the party such as their names, car model, phone number, driver’s license, and insurance policy.
- If you’re able to try to gather any possible witness statements that can corroborate the facts.
- Take pictures of the damages. Your own physical injuries as well as any visible car damage.
Why Should I Hire an Auto-Mobile Accident Attorney in Portland?
- Your Portland car accident attorney will handle the insurance companies for you – There is truly nothing more complicated than dealing with the insurance adjusters after suffering an automobile accident. The complexity arises in that the prime goal of any insurance company is to make a profit, or save as much money as possible. They will counteract those redundant talking points and instead effectively negotiate with the adjusters. Have in mind that when this happens, your attorney will negotiate and will promote all of your best interests.
- Your attorney will conduct a thorough investigation of the facts – They will gather evidence and testimonials.
- Will assess your damages and add value to your claim – A personal injury attorney is the only one capable of adding value to your injuries. As they build up the case, your injuries will amount to your compensation.
Compensation Relies in Legal Representation!
The most important takeaway is to understand that the only way to protect your rights, and attain the necessary reparations is by hiring an attorney.
For that reason, we are pleased to present you with the services of Senft Legal in the Portland area. At our firm, we genuinely empathize with your specific situation and will tirelessly work to ensure that your rights are protected.
We vow to utilize all of the possible legal tools that are available so that you can finally receive what you are entitled to. Call us now at 406.890.8487!