What to Look For in a Truck Accident Attorney in Florida
Due to the size of the vehicle involved, truck accidents tend to result in severe traumatic injuries. These damages vary from: total paralysis, spinal cord injuries, brain damage, and even death. In such a horrendous situation, you will need to rely on an experienced truck accident attorney in Florida. One of which will fight for the maximum settlement amount that you or a loved one is entitled because of your damages. This compensation will ensure that you receive the insurance coverage and medical treatment that you deserve.
However, not all truck accident lawyers are the same. Finding the best one for you and your case can make a huge difference in the final results. In this article, we’ll share some helpful tips that will guide you towards the right direction.
Ask For Recommendations
Ask around to find if anyone you know has personal experience with a truck accident lawyer in Florida. Family members, colleagues, friends, and trusted neighbors can provide you with that type of information.
As you do your research, make sure that you are referred to personal injury law experts experienced in truck accidents in your area. Remember that the scope of the law is broad, and that not all personal injury attorneys have the same expertise and background. By reassuring that your case is handled by a professional that has legal expertise in your specific accident you’ll have more chances of achieving positive results in regards to compensation.
Consult Potential Truck Accident Attorneys in Florida
Only by hiring an experienced truck accident lawyer in Florida, will give you the peace of mind that you or your loved one are in need of. This will allow you or a family member to only focus on recovering from your emotional or physical injuries.
In other words, your attorney will be able to handle the legalities of your case while you get better. You will benefit from a peace of mind because the lawyer has already handled various cases like yours in the past.
When you do decide to meet with an attorney, these are some of the questions that you can ask:
- How long have you been handling truck accident claims in Florida?
- What would you say is the best legal option for my case?
- What would you advise to do: Take the case to court or agree to a settlement offer?
Whether you talk with the legal expert personally or by phone, the interview will give you the chance to discuss your case in detail, listen to what they have to say about it, and note if they are interested in handling your case.
Take Advantage of the Initial Free Consultation
Most lawyers offer an initial free consultation. It’s a bit more formal than a conversation or an interview, and it gives you and the professional the opportunity to get to know each other. More importantly, you’ll be able to explain your case in detail and ask some more follow-up questions:
- Who exactly will be handling your truck accident case, since you won’t want an inexperienced junior lawyer to be on top of it.
- Which are the best communication channels to keep track of your case with the attorney.
The Qualities of A Good Lawyer in Truck Accident Claims in Florida
A strong educational background alongside a solid background in similar personal injury claims, and vast experience in cases that involve truck accident victims are the ABCs of a good lawyer in this legal niche. However, it’s also important to assess the soft skills your prospective attorney has. Being a good communicator and negotiator are for instance, distinctive strengths that can make a prospect stand out from the rest.
Here are some of the qualities that a good truck accident attorney should have:
- Eagerness in Handling Your Case: No matter how busy the truck accident lawyer is; the professional should show a great interest in handling your case. They should be willing to talk about other truck accident claims they’ve handled, how successful they were, the strategy they used, etc.
- Superb Problem-Solving Skills: Ask the attorney: “What would you do if you were in my position?” or “What makes a truck accident different from a car accident?” or “Would you say that accepting a settlement offer is always the best way to go? The truck accident lawyer should be able to provide you with critical answers to these critical questions.
- Strong Listening Skills: Look for a truck accident attorney based in Florida that is a good listener. They should pay attention to what you’re saying, show interest in the details, and ask you the right questions. The right professional is someone of whom you feel comfortable retelling the events of the accident, while also addressing any other legal concerns.
- Flexibility: The right expert in truck accident cases will be flexible to your needs. They will be open to communicating with you via email, whatsapp, or Phone. They’ll also be open to having personal meetings in discussing the progress of your case.
Why Should You Hire A Florida Truck Accident Attorney?
Despite the fact that any personal injury attorney can help you with your case, filing a claim for damages is not an easy feat. It requires a lot of planning legal professional assistance in order to successfully navigate the ins and outs of the complex legal issues you’ll be confronted with throughout your case.
As a truck accident victim, you should know that half of the time, you will not be going against the individual driver at fault. Quite the contrary, you may see yourself in a legal battle with a financially powerful trucking company. These are organizations that will have very competent legal teams at their disposal. If so, starting a case without your own set of representation is a terrible idea. . You could easily be going up against a large trucking company with the most fierceless legal defense team and you really need the best lawyer to support you!
An expert in truck accidents can help you manage medical expenses. Victims usually spend lots of time at the hospital and require multiple surgeries or treatments. In some cases, they require medical assistance even after being discharged from the hospital, meaning that expensive medical bills will inevitably pile very quickly up.
Usually, people don’t have the financial resources to pay those bills and the soaring stress can be devastating. A good and experienced lawyer can promise your medical providers that as you are starting a truck accident claim, they will get a deferred payment from any jury award or settlement you receive.
A truck accident attorney can also help you gather the right evidence you’ll need to support your case. They know what counts as legal evidence and understand where and how to compile it. It’s not only what you say that amounts as evidence, but also any visual footage you can present, witnesses, medical bills, videos, and pictures.
Last but not least, a lawyer expert in truck accidents can help you identify who you should present the case against. These accidents are usually complicated. If the truck was a commercial vehicle, there are many businesses and individuals that have conflicts of interests. and in the cargo they carry. If so, anybody with ties to the company can be found liable if the proper evidence is found against them. Possible parties at fault include the following: :
- The truck driver
- The truck driver’s employer
- Truck manufacturer
Get Represented Today!
Nobody wants to be a victim of a truck accident nor to have a loved one bed-bound in a hospital for weeks or months on end. However, if this has happened to you, do not think twice about seeking the help of the best Florida truck accident attorney you can find.
At Senft Legal, Scott Senft and his team of personal injury attorneys, will assess your own unique case, providing you with the best legal support for your needs. Contact Us Today!